1

2-26-18

So, first blog. I don’t really know how to start this off so I guess I’ll just go straight into it; we as a group, Mattias, Tristan, Alex, and I,  have decided to do a film opening. We all really like film and TV, and Tristan and I both have experience from our TV classes. We were throwing ideas around, from a boxing movie to a slasher and finally ended up with a drama about the creation of a band. We’re thinking of something similar to a biopic, with a retelling of how everything came to be, and all the drama that came with it, just with fictional characters instead of real people. The closes I could compare this too is Sing Street, the 2016 John Carney film on Netflix. It centers around group of kids in Dublin forming a rock band in the late 1980s.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3544112/

The only difference would be the time frame of the movie. Ours would take place in the present, or relative present (2010s), and over a longer period of time. We haven’t really discussed roles yet but so imagine I’ll be writing the script (I usually do). I’m trying to think of an imaginative way to start this film off, but nothing’s coming.

Comments

Popular Posts